Terms of Service
Please read these Terms of Service (“Terms”) carefully as they contain important information about your legal rights, remedies and obligations. By accessing or using the
Last update: September 13, 2022
Some definitions that may be used here and in other parts of the platform.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE WEBSITE
It is agreed by the user that
We recommend adhering to a non-obligatory screening process proposed by
The site owners and webmaster, hereinafter referred as Webmasters will have full authority to decide upon the content of the website, including but not limited, to change the content, format, usage, delete or merge threads and make any decision pertaining to the website including profiles; at its sole discretion and without prior notice. Profiles of candidates and families in breach of these Terms and Conditions can be automatically removed by the Webmaster without prior notice.
It is understood that the present site may contain advertisements that is beyond the control of
- USE OF WEBSITE CONTENT
The contents of this Website such as text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software and other Web Site content (collectively, “Website Content”), are the sole property of
Unauthorised use of the Website Content may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. You may not sell or modify the Website Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute or otherwise use the Website Content in any way for any public, personal or commercial purpose; save and except for modifications of your own profile information.
The use of the Website Content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. You shall not copy or adapt any code created by
- GENERAL RULES
Users may not use
Any sexual content is strictly prohibited, including, but not limited, to pictures, attachments, comments and posting.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Website, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access, (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to
- SPECIFIC PROHIBITED USES
The Website specifically prohibits any of the following:
- Posting any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not your own, including pictures.
- Creating more than one profile either as a Caregiver or a CareSeeker. Any member wishing to be both a Caregiver and a Care Seeker must only create one single profile in the
system. Any occurence of multiple profiles will be deemed a violation of terms and may be suspended or banned. In such a case, the sanction is at Care4giver ’s sole discretion. Care4giver
- Creating a Care Seeker or Caregiver profile for a company for any commercial purpose including but not limited to recruiting and selling, unless the company is either owned by a single individual for self-employment purposes and for the purpose of promoting his or her own caregiving services or has been explicitly authorized to operate by
- Using the database for any purpose other than for looking for a care candidate or for posting a care job. It is expressly forbidden to other posting companies, care providers and agencies, to utilize this service as a means of soliciting caregivers registered on the Website, for employment. If one party shall fail to respect this covenant,
may, at its own discretion, ban immediately and without prior notice any unauthorized user from the website and undertake judicial proceedings against the party in default without further notice or delay, including, but not limited to, a provisional injunction in which the party in default recognize that irreparable harm will be done to Care4giver .com and that the balance of convenience will their favour. Care4giver
- Deleting or revising any material posted by any other person or entity.
- Using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website or any activity being conducted on this Website.
- Taking any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on website infrastructure.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, using or attempting to use any engine, software, tools, agent or other device or mechanism including, without limitation, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents to navigate or search the website other than a search engine and other than generally available third party web browsers such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape, Safari and others.
- Attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the website.
- Aggregating, copying, modifying or duplicating in any manner any of the Web Site Content or information available.
If one fails to respect this covenant,
- USERS PASSWORD AND USERNAME
The User is responsible for the password, username and any information provided by you to the website. Any and all uses of your registration information with the website are your sole responsibility.
Should there be any unlawful or unauthorized use of your password, username or registration information you agree to notify the Webmaster WITHIN 24 HOURS of such occurrence.
To have the ability to make contact with care candidates and for caregivers to post their services, each party must follow the registration procedure. It is the user’s sole discretion as to which caregiver they select.
Each party can “unsubscribe” at any time to be removed from the databank, by contacting
By registering, Caregivers agree to upload the official documents supporting their qualifications such as diplomas, certificates or any other proof of certification for the service they offer and certify that it is theirs, that all are valid and that all of the information they provide is true and they understand and recognize that if it is not the case, they forfeit any liability insurance coverage and expose themselves to legal action from affected parties.
Furthermore, Caregivers also agree to only provide the services they are certified to provide and understand that if they provide services for which they are not certified they will not be covered under the liability insurance provided by
Caregivers understand that any misrepresentation is not only illegal but carries important health and safety risks on the individual they serve and consequently risk themselves immediate suspension or ban from the platform and expose themselves to legal action.
Payment of services must be done through the
It is understood that the care candidates are joining the service for free. Each caregiver can optionally enhance their profile by a paid featured profile option or any other promotional service as they become available to them.
- BOOKING AGREEMENT
When booking, the Care Seeker who is buying understands and agrees that
The buyer also agrees that
By submitting a booking, the care seeker agrees to engage the selected caregiver on the date(s) and for the services selected in the booking and in doing so accepts to pay the caregiver’s fees as listed at the moment the booking is submitted.
The agreement is deemed confirmed upon the acceptance of the booking by the caregiver. The Booking is charged and kept as a deposit at the time it is submitted by the care seeker.
The caregiver agrees to accept or refuse the requested bookings within a period of 24 hours from the moment the booking is submitted, beyond which, the care seeker has the option of cancelling the booking request and in doing so, receive a complete refund of the prepaid fees. If the care seeker submits a request less than 48 hours from the time the service is to happen, the caregiver is to accept or refuse it within 10 hours.
If the caregiver does not confirm his/her acceptance or refusal within this timeframe, the booking will be deemed refused. All bookings are subject to the rules detailed in the Cancellations section below.
The caregiver is paid once the work has been completed.
If the caregiver is a no-show, the booking fees will be fully refunded to the care seeker within the following 5-7 business days.
Bookings for which the caregiver does not show up within 30 mins of the scheduled time, unless a valid reason is provided, risks penalty fees, temporary suspension or permanent ban from the platform.
Confirmation of the caregiver’s presence is given one of two ways:
The caregiver does so using the check-in and check-out feature of the C4G Caregiver app or the caregiver calls the C4G check-in and check-out number using the phone line at the address of the booking upon arrival and departure from the care seeker or loved one’s home.
- CODE OF CONDUCT
By accepting a booking through any of the current and future
- CANCELLATION POLICY
9.1 Care Seekers
All cancellations must be done using
Care seekers may cancel a booking any time before it is accepted by the Caregiver.
Care seekers who cancel a confirmed (i.e. accepted by the Caregiver) booking at least 48 hours before the confirmed time will receive a full refund.
Care seekers who cancel a confirmed booking between 48 hours and 1.5 hours before the booking time are only refunded 50% of the value of the booking or up to 4 hours of work if the booking was longer than 8 hours.
Care seekers who cancel less than 1.5 hours before a confirmed booking are charged the full amount of the booking.
The retained amount will be processed the same way as if the equivalent booking was performed.
Care seekers who see their booking cancelled by the caregiver will see the amount they paid maintained under their account in oder to be applied to a future booking or can be refunded the full amount of the booking within 5-10 business days of the cancellation (i.e. following the payment service’s policy such as Stripe or any other) upon request.
If a cancellation is due to special circumstances happening within 12 hours of an booking (such as hospitalization, a positive test to COVID-19 or another contagious disease, the passing of a loved one, etc.) care seekers can fill-out the special form on the
All cancellations must be filed and submitted using the
If a caregiver is unable to show up for the accepted booking, the following rules apply.
9.2.1 If the cancellation is submitted 48 hours prior to the time of the booking, no penalty is applied.
9.2.2 If the cancellation is filed less than 48 hours prior to the time of the booking without a valid reason, the following penalties will apply:
- On the first offense, the caregiver’s profile will be removed from the listing for a period of 1 week and its ranking on the site will be placed in the lower tier in all care seeker searches.
- On the second offense, the caregiver will be suspended for a period of 6 weeks during which her/his listing is removed from the site and will only be reinstated if the caregiver provides a valid written case for her/his reinstatement. Cases must be filed through the Caregiver cancellation form and provide any and all reasons explaining the “no shows” as well as why such an occurrence is not expected to happen again.
reserves the right to call and interview the caregiver after reception of the case. Care4giver may at its own discretion extend the suspension further. Care4giver
- On the third offense, the caregiver will be banned from offering its services on the site.
In the case of “no shows” without prior notice and without valid reason:
- On the first offense, the caregiver’s listing will automatically be removed from the site for a minimum period of 10 weeks.
- If a valid reason is produced, the suspension may be lifted upon review and acceptance of those reasons by
- On the second offense, the caregiver’s listing will be removed from the site indefinitely and he/she is banned from using the site.
- In the event there is a valid reason for this occurrence, a case may be submitted using the Caregiver cancellation form and by producing all of the necessary documents supporting the valid reasons listed in the case.
9.2.3 In the event the Caregiver doesn’t show up and doesn’t provide advance notice (no call, no show) to the Care Seeker, the sickness must be demonstrated to have caused an incapacity to reach out. In such a case,
9.2.4 Valid reasons include sickness (with a doctor’s note describing the illness and its effect on the Caregiver), death of a family member (requires valid death certificate) or other serious documentable issues that can be verified by
9.2.5 Not communicating with the Care Seeker prior to a booking is an important violation of the covenants of this agreement for which only exceptional causes may be deemed acceptable. Sources other than validated doctor’s note or death certificates are not automatically considered valid by
9.2.7 In the event a special event affects a client (such as last minute hospitalization, a positive COVID-19 or other contagious disease, the passing of the client, etc.) within 12 hours of a booking – and is confirmed by a
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
If you choose to use the
If we choose to conduct identity verification, criminal or background checks on any Member, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim warranties of any kind, either express or implied, that such checks will identify prior misconduct by a Member or guarantee that a Member will not engage in misconduct in the future.
You agree that some services, may carry inherent risk, and by participating in such services, you choose to assume those risks voluntarily. For example, any accident or misfortune occurring may carry risk of illness, bodily injury, disability, or death, and you freely and willfully assume those risks by choosing to participate in those services. You assume full responsibility for the choices you make before, during and after your participation in a service on the
These Terms & Conditions shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the Province of Québec, Canada, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Québec. Although the website can be accessed from other places in the world which may have different laws from those of Quebec, by using the
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
Any reference in this Agreement to gender shall include all genders, and words imparting the singular number only shall include the plural and vice versa.
Any provision of this Agreement which is prohibited or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof.
The present user agreement encompasses all the obligations between the user and the website and no express or implied warranty is provided to the user.
By using the
I hereby certify that all the information I have or will be providing is in fact true and legally binding.